Saturday, February 25, 2006

Square Foot Garden Update - 02-25-06

A lot of the plants sprouted back on the 22nd, but I hadn't expected them to sprout that quickly (three days). Because of this I hadn't picked up any new lights. Also, I had to be out of town 22nd and 23rd, so wasn't able to do anything about it. I did pick up more lights while out (as planned), but by the time I got back the plants were already tall and spindly. So I added a shelf to the Meth Lab, added many hooks, and added lights for a total of eight two-foot lights. Replanted most of what was growing, but was able to leave a few. Left sprouted (though added additional seeds to some cups):

  • #01 & 03 - Brussels Sprouts
  • #04 - Eggplant, #05 - Eggplant (barely sprouted)
  • #08 & 09 - Grand Rapids Lettuce
  • #15-17 - Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce
  • #18-21 - Salad Bowl Lettuce
  • #27 - Paris Island Cos Lettuce
  • #29, 32, 33, 39 - Mesclun Mix
  • #48 - Broccoli (pretty spindly)

Several others had also sprouted but, as they were spindly, I pulled them. After replanting I watered for 2 hours. Also planted 12 Swiss Chard seeds, watered for about 3 hours or so to get the cups good and soaked. On a side note, I pulled the two parsley plants out of the SFG; the garden is now bare and waiting for plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home